Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Eight Amazing Years!

Today, Brandon and I are celebrating our eight year anniversary! I cannot tell you how blessed I feel to be married to this amazing man! He is more than I could have ever dreamed of and I am blown away that God chose him for me. These past eight years have been wonderful, crazy, happy, sad, scary, eventful and most of all blessed. I remember when we were going through our marriage prep classes they told us to always look at our marriage as a cord of three strands (one for Brandon, one for me and one for God). That has been our number one priority since September 3, 2000. It didn't make everything sunshine and roses but it definitely kept us focused on Christ in all situations, which in turn made our marriage stronger.
One of my friends wrote a post today on her blog about marriages and she asked "Is your marriage worth fighting for?" My answer is ABSOLUTELY without a doubt.
"Our love should not be just words and talk; it must be true love, which shows itself in action." 1 John 3:18
I love you Brandon!
Thank you for eight amazing years.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary!

Lowman Family said...

Happy anniversary Kelley and Brandon!

Jessica said...

Happy anniversary y'all!! Congrats on eight years!

Keeping up with the Kennedy's said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What a beautiful post!!!

Alicia (dna) said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
May God give you many more years together!

Kristie said...

Has it really been that long ago?! Gosh you haven't aged a day since then! Your wedding was such a happy day and I was so honored and blessed to be a part of it and to have you two as friends. Thanks for sharing your lives with me and being such an inspiration. Your're the best.