Thursday, August 21, 2008

Kindergarten

Emma Grace went to school today for her "get to know the school and schedule" day. Her and four other students from her class will spend from 8:30am to 1:30pm learning the schedule and touring the school. She was so excited!!!
Me, on the other hand, could only focus on how she was way too little and that I wasn't ready for her to be gone for so long everyday! As we walked down the long school hallway I could feel myself tearing up and prayed that God would calm my heart and show me her excitement and joy. Well, he immediately answered. He reminded me of the "burning bush" he sent me (see old post titled Burning Bush) and an immediate peace came over me.
I know that God has big things planned for this little angel girl and I feel so blessed that He chose me to play a part in it.
Thank you Lord!

4 comments:

MC said...

Oh my goodness, I can't believe she is old enough to be in kindergarten!!! Good luck on day one Mom! She'll do great!

Karen said...

Praying for you! I know exactly how you are feeling. You will make it, I promise!!

Lori said...

Look at her! Ready to go!

Christy said...

How sweet! I remember last year when Leah was starting kindergarten, now we're off to 1st grade tomorrow!