Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Traveling the Road Home

Today, as I was searching through various blogs and reading some amazing stories, I came across a blog titled "Traveling the Road Home." What an awesome title because that is what we are all doing. We are traveling along this road until we can go home and kneel in front of our one true God! Below is the introduction to her blog. I wanted to share it with you because it had such an impact on me this morning.

"I adore travel. I love the planning, the anticipation, the marvel of being able to wake up on one side of the country and lay my head down on the other...all in the same day. I love all the tidbits of information that I learn about the places I visit, the people that live there, past and present, the food, the buildings. And I love being lulled to sleep in the luxury of a fabulous hotel or a cozy bed and breakfast. One thing I've noticed is that traveling through life is much the same. My life is filled with plans, anticipation and marvel. I'm surrounded by friends (old, new and yet-to-be-made) from which I learn all kinds of new things, and as I travel through this life toward my eternal home, I have the hope of a fabulous mansion waiting for me that is beyond anything I could ever imagine. Join me as I travel the road home and check in from time to time to discover what I'm learning on my journey. Perhaps we can help each other along the way."
As I continued to read, I came across a contest that she was having. I was intrigued so I have decided to enter. She is giving away five complete studies including DVDs and participant books for a book that is all about healing after abortion. Even though I have never personally experienced this before I was suddenly compelled to enter this for my church. There are many women out there seeking forgiveness and healing in this area and I am thankful that Lifeway has put together this study to help women deal with this secret pain. If you are interested, I encourage you to visit her site and enter yourself.http://travelingtheroadhome.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Melinda said...

God bless you, Kelley, for helping spread the word about this important ministry! It's time for all of us to reach out to those suffering in silence with the freedom found in living OUT LOUD!

THANK YOU and BIG HUGS!
Melinda

P.S. And thanks for the kind words about my blog. :o)

Lori said...

KB,
I am entering, too for TPC (increase our odds!) Her blog is great!

Pat said...

Kelley,
Thank you so much for your participation in Melinda's contest. Your support means so much. Many women need this healing! Bless you for your help n getting the word out!
His For Life,
pat